No announcement yet.

Voice and data VLANs and site-to-site VPNs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice and data VLANs and site-to-site VPNs

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to setup voice and data VLANs on PIX 525, and 515E devices. This will be used to accommodate a CallManager 7.x environment. I'm pretty solid on CUCM, but PIXes are not my strong area. At main site there's a PIX 525 Unrestricted license, and a Catalyst 3560 behind it. The L3 switch handles all my intervlan routing there, no problems. At remote sites, PIX 515E and Catalyst 3524XL-PWR setups. PIX OS is 8.0.4 on all PIXes. The PIX on remote sites is basically running as a router as well, ISP supplies internet router, cable internet. What I am looking to do is to use the 515E's to handle intervlan routing at the remote sites. any suggestions on how this may be accomplished? There will only be 2 VLANs at the remote sites, voice and data. I also want to utilize split-DNS, so only voice traffic and some data will traverse the VPN. local internet connection at each site for all other traffic. I do apologize for the possibly poor description of what I am trying to accomplish.

My thoughts (and I could be very wrong) would be to use the PIX in a similar fashion as if it were a router, i.e, create subninterfaces on the inside interface, and setup the interface as a trunkport (dot1q). I've accomplished this easily with an IOS router, but unfamiliar with the PIX somewhat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this scenario would be best accomplished? Thanks very much for any insight on this.