Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA 5505 and Xbox Live NAT problem

Hi everyone,

I am having problems setting up my ASA 5505 to work correctly with Xbox Live.

Xbox Live needs "Open NAT" in order for voice communications to work correctly. When I set up my network within my Xbox 360, and select "Test Network" it says my NAT is set to moderate.

So I did some research on the net, and a bunch of sites say that in order to fix this, I need to create ACL's that open the ports used by Xbox Live going to my Xbox 360.

So I did that.

These sites also said I needed to setup static NAT statements for those ports going to the Xbox - like this:

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 3074 XBOX360 3074 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

So I did this for all of the ports used by Xbox Live. But I still get no voice, and when I run the network test in the Xbox 360 configuration page, it is still saying I dont have "Open NAT".

BTW I am connected to the net via a Comcast cable modem, with a dynamic IP address, and I believe I have dynamic NAT set up for the ASA (in addition to those static NAT statements).

Does this make sense (I hope I explained this correctly)? Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Mike

Re: ASA 5505 and Xbox Live NAT problem

Have you come across this? http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/...px?kbid=979000
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem with it, mine's not set to open and voice works flawless
      "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

oh wow. I have nothing to contribute to this thread about from

lol. I nerver thought i'd see "Xbox and asa configuration" together.

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          oh wow. I have nothing to contribute to this thread about from

lol. I nerver thought i'd see "Xbox and asa configuration" together.

Yeah it sounds funny. At my previous job, we had a PIX that I was responsible for. When I changed jobs, I bought the ASA so I wouldn't lose my familiarity with how they worked.

But of course I haven't had the time to really master it like I had wanted to - and other than setting up SPAN ports etc I have mostly been using ASDM to set it up.

Comment

Working...
          X