Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot login to ASDM - Cisco 5510

Hi,

I have Cisco 5510 , I can ssh to the box but I cant open the ASDM.

It shows that

"Cisco ASDM 5.0 will start in another window. Closing this browser window will cause Cisco ASDM to exit"

After this, there is no any error message and nothing happens.

What could be the problem ??

Below are the detail of the ASA

ASDM version - 5.0( 8 )
    Device - ASA 5510
    Privilige Level - 15
    ASA Version - 7.0( 8 )
    Java Version - 1.6.0_21

Thanks in Advance..

Re: Cannot login to ASDM - Cisco 5510

Opening another window is new to me. I've never used 5.0 though.

Edit: Thought you said there was a error message.. nvm~!

You downloaded the ASDM from that ASA? Have you enabled (asdm or mgmt or ssh) to only a specific IP on the device (i forget if this was needed, but it's what I would check first).

Is this on the inside interface?
    Last edited by Sixgauge; 17th August 2010, 22:15.

Comment

Yup from inside.

There is no error message, it just idle.

Yup i downloaded the ASDM from the page and also I have tried the Java applet but still the same.

I was able to use ASDM previously.

I'm able to ssh to the box.

Comment

Its more than likely related to the version of Java you are using. If you can try rolling back to your previous version. Also check on the Cisco website what versions of the ASDM are supported/compatible.

Comment

Hi,

I have tried few machines here.. I even downgraded the Java version and also installed with the latest Java version.. by it still the same.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zyrog View Post
            Hi,

I have tried few machines here.. I even downgraded the Java version and also installed with the latest Java version.. by it still the same.

Thanks
            Iv seen this same issue before with a Pix 506E that i was trying to access via the SDM. It was related to the version of Java that was installed.

Comment

will try again..does license got to do anything with this ? or is there any other workaround?

Comment

will try again..does license got to do anything with this ? or is there any other workaround?
                No. The ADSM leverages the Java run time machine to work. To be honest in my opinion its an extremely backward design with the dependable being the version of Java your using and thus if you use other Cisco products on the same box, or any other app that uses Java (of which theres squillions) then you run into a myriad of issues. Why Cisco couldnt use active X or at least code the SDM better so it can support various versions of Java, or god forbid allow it work natively in a browser like many other vendors do il never know. Ok rant over.

The ASDM should be accessible by http or https. The default configuration is over https. Like i said check the Cisco website for what version of Java is supported on your device along with the corresponding version of the ASDM.

Comment

i have checked that ..it support java 1 update 4 and above..

i had update 6.. i downgraded it also but it still not working..

Comment

i have checked that ..it support java 1 update 4 and above..

i had update 6.. i downgraded it also but it still not working..
                    I know this may seem like a drastic solution but what we have done in our office is to build virtual machines exlusively for the ADSM, Call Manager etc because of the issues we have encountered with Java.

You may need to complete remove all versions of Java and reinstall the supported version as there may be some binaries left behind that the browser is still using.

Comment

i did created a virtual machine to test this java thingy but now maybe i need to re create the image and just install the supported version..will try it out and post the output here..thank you very much for your help

Comment

I don't know if you succeeded, but the advice is to upgrade image to 8.2 version and asdm to 6.2 or 6.3 version. In yor case you must find sutable Java version to work with ASA asdm and that just pointless. Upgrading both images you can do from console (cli). Advice is not to use 8.3 version because it has few major changes (NAT,...) and all future problems can be resolved on the net. If you need help for upgrading just ask (you have guides on Cico site).

Comment

Hi , I havent try to upgrade the box since its not in the maintenance period..will check the documentation and work on it..

Comment

What browser are you using?
                            Have you tried to Install ASDM Launcher?

Comment

I have tried on IE7 , mozilla firefox and also google chrome

yes , i have tried asdm launcher

Comment

Working...
                              X