Schedule ASA nightly backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule ASA nightly backup

I am looking for a freeshare tool or a built in function that will backup the ASA conifg every night to a TFTP server. I already looked into tools that cost a lot money but they did not actually send the running config to a TFTP.

Any suggestions?

Re: Schedule ASA nightly backup

We use CatTools by Kiwi for this.

Comment

See above replay
      Last edited by Yuval711; 17th May 2010, 18:21. Reason: wrng text

Comment

Thanks but I looked into the Kiwi Cat tools option which is awesome if you have about 20 -25 devices.

I need to do a nightly backup of about 1000+ ASA's and many routers and switches.
        mainly ASA's since a lot of IPSEC tunnels are being added everyday and sometimes they are either erased or modified.

I'm surprised that Cisco does not have that feature built in. or maybe Im wrong...

Comment

I know you can do this on routers/switches with Kron scheduler (with a little manipulation) but im not sure if Kron is avaialble on the ASA's.
          CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
          CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

At 1000+ ASA's you should have the budget for such things.

The ASA has no built in function for automated backups, you can script it with PowerShell, or try CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials. No idea how CWRM works I have no experience with it.

Comment

Yeah I agree if your managing 1000 + ASA's you should have the budget for some management software.
              CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
              CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
              X