Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

    Dear all,

    My boss just give me a tough challenge,
    we need to build a VPN connection between head office and branhces,
    we proposed a dual routers HSRP/VPN solution, but the boss disagree
    our dual routers plan, it's becasue he had visited cisco site, cisco said
    1841 could do internet load sharing and vpn load sharing, and the diagram
    had only 1 router showed.

    The result is, only a single router in head office(1811) with 1 internet connection.
    one router in branch with 1 NAT/ethernet and 1 ADSL internet connection.
    more detail as below:
    There's fix public IP on head office 1811
    no fix ip on branch ADSL internet connection
    no fix ip on NAT/ethernet internet connection plus
    the IP we use on this link is private one, NAT on
    provider side, no inbound request can be done on this line,
    outbound VPN request is confirm ok.



    the boss want to :

    build up 2 VPN connection to head office
    load share this 2 VPN line.

    I've tried and search for tons of info on internet, but still cannot figure out how to do that. Any kind of suggestion is highly appreciate.

  • #2
    Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

    You can create 2 site-to-site vpn (or lan-to-lan vpn) on the head office router and a single vpn configuration on the branches.

    You might start reading from here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns...tion_home.html
    http://www.routergeek.net/content/view/50/37/

    With asa you can also configure this on dynamic IP's. Not sure if the routers can do this.
    It's called EasyVPN
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/secu.../ezvpn505.html
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

    MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

    "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

      Thanks a lot, but, do I make a mistake?
      Because the head office with fix IP only 1 internet connection,
      the branch has 2 not fix IP connect.
      I always think I need to build 2 VPN on branch, need to reverse?

      Really thanks ...


      Originally posted by Dumber View Post
      You can create 2 site-to-site vpn (or lan-to-lan vpn) on the head office router and a single vpn configuration on the branches.

      You might start reading from here:
      http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns...tion_home.html
      http://www.routergeek.net/content/view/50/37/

      With asa you can also configure this on dynamic IP's. Not sure if the routers can do this.
      It's called EasyVPN
      http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/secu.../ezvpn505.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

        Why would you need multiple ISP's for a couple of VPN's?
        I've setup many VPN's on a single ISP connection. It are just packets but then encrypted
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

        MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

        "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

          To avoid single isp down to imfect the VPN connection.


          Originally posted by Dumber View Post
          Why would you need multiple ISP's for a couple of VPN's?
          I've setup many VPN's on a single ISP connection. It are just packets but then encrypted

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

            Over here ISP's going down isn't an issue. The ISP's used by the companies are rarely going down.
            Don't know about your location
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

            MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

            "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: VPN setup suggestion pls~~~

              Dear Dumber,

              Because we rely on VPN for critical service, so that more reliable is prefered.

              BTW, would you mind to share the VPN setup config for your case for a reference
              to me, I'm very appreciate for that.


              Originally posted by Dumber View Post
              Over here ISP's going down isn't an issue. The ISP's used by the companies are rarely going down.
              Don't know about your location
              Last edited by lunerelf; 16th November 2009, 06:37.

              Comment

              Working...
              X