Blocking teamviewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking teamviewer

Does anyone know how to block "teamviewer" (remote control software) on a cisco firewall or an acl? I have been trying to figure this one out, but have been unsuccessful at this point.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

hxxp://www.teamviewer.com

Re: Blocking teamviewer

Just out of interest, why would you want to block it? Surely if you dont want someone using it, you would have it uninstalled from the computer?

I would recommend you install it and then look at the ports its connected to via their server and also the listening ones.

Comment

Hi,

The most efficent way IMO is to prevent the client from running as suggested, via a software restriction policy.
      The way Teamviewer operates (Client- server) I think it makes the role of the firewall somehow inept, especially given the fact that its traffic is encrypted.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by madman045 View Post
        Just out of interest, why would you want to block it? Surely if you dont want someone using it, you would have it uninstalled from the computer?

I would recommend you install it and then look at the ports its connected to via their server and also the listening ones.

The user does not need to install it to run it. It can be run from a USB thumb drive(portable).

Also, used a sniffer and the program uses port 80 (http), which makes it difficult to block since we allow internet traffic. I have used this software from our secure network and have been able to bypass secure firewall and have connected to computers behind NAT.

szav

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
          Hi,

The most efficent way IMO is to prevent the client from running as suggested, via a software restriction policy.
          The way Teamviewer operates (Client- server) I think it makes the role of the firewall somehow inept, especially given the fact that its traffic is encrypted.

You are absolutely right. By using port 80 it makes your firewall useless unless you are blocking internet traffic (port 80). We allow our users to use the internet, so we really don't want to block this port.

Anyone, else have any suggestions?

szav

Comment

Get a copy of it and create a Restricted Software Hash rule in your user GPO for it.

You could also try creating a path rule using wildcards for the path.

Comment

The classic "if you run it you're fired" is always a favorite
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                The classic "if you run it you're fired" is always a favorite
                Lol!!! I guess that could be a form of "firewall"

Comment

Working...
                X