Cisco ASA and OWA problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco ASA and OWA problem

I've just installed an ASA 5510 and have an OWA server in the DMZ. Users are able to access their Outlook mail via Firefox, but NOT Internet Explorer or iPhone! This worked fine with the previous Checkpoint firewall.

Using IE, authentication is fine, and it brings up the OWA window and shows all folders just fine, but will not show any messages! Firefox shows everything.

I've tried IE version 7 and 8 with and without compatibility mode. At the moment all ports are open between inside and DMZ.

ASA is running version: 8.0(4)

Help!

TIA

Re: Cisco ASA and OWA problem

Is your "owa" server an ISA server or have you put Exchange in the DMZ? It really isn't worthwhile doing that if you have.
    There should be no difference between firefox or IE in this scenario really, they are just web browsers. Can you access OWA internally using them?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

At the moment it's Exchange in the DMZ running 2003. We will be swapping that out for an ISA server in the next few weeks... doesn't solve my problem for the moment though.

I agree that the different browsers should work the same, but in fact they don't!

Further investigation reveals that IE uses additional http extensions that FF doesn't. Microsoft refers to them as WEBDAV, and the iPhone uses Active Sync, which somehow also fails.

Using IE from corporate, via site to site VPN doesn't work either. Packet trace reveals that the remote inside Exchange server never sees the packets. All ports are wide open on the Cisco and I can't see anything getting dropped. All very curious and frustrating.

Comment

Maybe a fixup?
        Can you syslog and see what happens maybe?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X