gre behind pix\netscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gre behind pix\netscreen

here is the scenario I have a main site with cable internet going to a pix 515e running 6.3 ios from there the connection goes to a 1721 cisco router. the inside network is connected to the 1721, and the 1721 also has a T1 that goes to another building down the street with another 1721. now as a backup I am wanting to use another cable connection at the remote site. this connection would be behind a netscreen 5gt. now what i am trying to do is get some sort of tunnel between the main site and the remote site to use as a backup in case the T1 goes down. what I am trying to do is create a simple gre tunnel between the two 1721's but it does not seem to be working between the two firewalls and i am just looking for any advise as to why this may be . currently i have no extra public ip's to give so at both sites i am trying to simply foreward gre to the routers maybe that is the problem i do not know. agian any advise would be helpful.

Re: gre behind pix\netscreen

Can you sniff and see any traffic going through or being blocked by the firewalls? Anything showing in there logs either?

From your text I see this (just for clarification)

Cable1
    |
    PIX
    |
    1721 Site 1
    |
    T1
    |
    1721 Site 2
    |
    Netscreen
    |
    Cable2
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: gre behind pix\netscreen

yes AndyJG247 that is the diagram it seams that just a plain ipsec between the two site would be easier but i can no get it to work. I will try with wireshark and see what comes of it though.

Comment

Working...
      X