Cisco ASA 8.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco ASA 8.2

I have read that cisco supposedly released 8.2 for the ASA platform. However, I cannot find the download listed on the ASA downloads. I do have a CCO login. Anyone have more information on the actual download for 8.2?

Re: Cisco ASA 8.2

Originally posted by rpcblast View Post
    I have read that cisco supposedly released 8.2 for the ASA platform. However, I cannot find the download listed on the ASA downloads. I do have a CCO login. Anyone have more information on the actual download for 8.2?
    They have announced it, but have not yet released it. I myself am very much looking forward to it! There are a couple features that I find pretty compelling (specifically the new really-cheap Anyconnect licensing). This will finally give me a 64 bit VPN solution without having to pay the blood money for the premium Anyconnect licenses.

I wrote something up on this last week and included links to Cisco's site that describes the new features:

hxxp://www.bitplumber.net/2009/04/cisco-pixasa-vpn-client-for-64-bit-windows/

-Eric

EDIT BY MOD: Removed live link - Eric, I've PM'd you regarding this. Thanks AndyJG247
    Last edited by AndyJG247; 1st May 2009, 23:52.

Comment

i was able to download it, now I have a new question regarding 8.2 and netflow. I have enabled netflow, and I can see that the netflow flows are being exported. However, it appears that they are in a format that the utils I am using cannot recognize. Scrutanizer and orion 3 do not report any info, and advantnet only lists the applications that are seen, not a data count. I do not believe this is simply a version 9 issue, as my router using netflow is exporting in version 9 and orion reads it fine. I am curious what util(s) can read ASA netflow(IE the 5580 version before 8.2), or specifically the new 8.2 version.

Comment

Originally posted by rpcblast View Post
        i was able to download it, now I have a new question regarding 8.2 and netflow. I have enabled netflow, and I can see that the netflow flows are being exported. However, it appears that they are in a format that the utils I am using cannot recognize. Scrutanizer and orion 3 do not report any info, and advantnet only lists the applications that are seen, not a data count. I do not believe this is simply a version 9 issue, as my router using netflow is exporting in version 9 and orion reads it fine. I am curious what util(s) can read ASA netflow(IE the 5580 version before 8.2), or specifically the new 8.2 version.
        Oh wow, it looks like they *just* released 8.2 today. I believe the netflow capability was just for extremely high volume logging capability (in lieu of syslog) rather than for actual netflow stream analysis.

-Eric

Comment

What utilities can read the data from NSEL on the ASA? None of the tools that I have tried can read anything, e3xcept for one which did give some destination data. Even if it is more for logging, there still has to be some utilities that can read this data and make sense of it. This is a feature that has been around on the 5580s for a while. Also, I have read some places that state that there should be enough info based on the flow creation/teardown to get similar level reporting.

All I am looking for is which utility can read and analyze NSEL data, besides mars.

Comment

Working...
          X