Cisco ASA 5510

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco ASA 5510

I am trying to configure a new asa 5510. i am able to get everything set up including forwarding ports inside, but after about 5-10 minutes the ASA stops functioning. If i turn off the ASA and then turn it back on i get about 10 more minutes then the problem happens again. Any one have any idea why?
    Thanks

Re: Cisco ASA 5510

It's new so you should be able to get some level of suuport directly from Cisco, right? If so, I would give them a call.

Comment

Cisco is actually bum fuzzled, thats why i have turned here. They have tried to configure it from ground up and still have the same issue.

Comment

If it is new then I would get it replaced. If it hangs like that it sounds likely something like the fan on the cpu isn't running (guess). I would force tac to sort out a replacement. Which country did you purchase it?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Let me re-phrase myself. The ASA stops transferring data when it hangs. I can still access it via "Console" but no other means unless i physically turn it off and then back on. Once the boot is finished, i can then access inside and outside for a few minutes until data stops transferring again. I bought this from CDW within the US, and they are willing to exchange if necessary, but i am uncertain if that is the case or just something very simple within the config.

Comment

Moved to Cisco Security.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I'm not aware of any command that would stop data after a specific time period. Can you run something like Wireshark to see what the traffic is doing maybe?

If you want to PM me the config I can have a quick look however I suspect it is clean/good. Please make sure you remove identifiable info first tho!
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X