Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with vpn

Hello

I'm portuguese so i will try to explain me in my poor english.
    We have a client with a problem whe he tries to conect using cisco vpn, the error is: ""Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 422: Lost contact with the security gateway". Before he didn't have problems to conect. I didn't any change on firewall last days. It's configured on a cisco pix. Have a sugestion to resolve this problem? I have some urgency to resolv it.

Thanks

Re: Problems with vpn

It would seem:

Reason 422: Lost contact with the security gateway.
    Troubleshooting: Check your network connection. The machine's IP address changed or the machine is no longer connected to the Internet. Note: The VPN Client is required to disconnect the VPN tunnel for security reasons, if the machines IP Address has changed.
    http://www.chicagotech.net/vpnissues/ciscoerror13.htm

Has the user gone somewhere else maybe?
    Can you view the logs on the client/pix?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Is more then one person that have this problem. The user that i talked on last weekend tried to connect and he have conncted during 30 min then the error appear another time. This IPs address didn´t change. Its a very strange error.

Comment

How reliable is your internet connection? Does your router show uptime or drops etc?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Just my $.02 but have you tried deleting the old profile and rebuilding it? If that doesn't work have you tried to reinstall the vpn client?

Comment

Originally posted by ryansmitty
            Just my $.02 but have you tried deleting the old profile and rebuilding it? If that doesn't work have you tried to reinstall the vpn client?
            Agreed. This can help resolve quite a few VPN issues for reasons I do not understand.
            Originally posted by pobinho
            Is more then one person that have this problem. The user that i talked on last weekend tried to connect and he have conncted during 30 min then the error appear another time. This IPs address didn´t change. Its a very strange error.
            If I recall correctly, there is a timeout limit of 30 minutes if no traffic moves through the VPN tunnel. It is configurable, but trying the next couple steps may help in diagnosis. If these are Windows machines, check the Windows Firewall and ensure that there is either an exception for the VPN client, or that ports 500, 4500, and 10000 UDP are allowed to pass traffic. If these ports are not allowed, ISAKMP cannot pass data properly which can lead to strange issues with disconnects.

In addition, if your endpoint device is hosted in a data center, the data center may have a firewall that is in front of every other device. Ensure that these ports are also open on the data center's device, if any, to your VPN endpoint. Opening these ports on our data center's firewall solved a similar issue for us about a year ago.
            Don't fool yourself. If you truly feel passionate about something, you will do whatever it takes. If you don't, you'd better get busy pursuing happiness, because it's all you've got.

Comment

Working...
            X