Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA 5505, restrict VPN users access to server

Hi.

On a excisting network with ASA 5505, a customer want to allow some VPN users to be able to access server A and B, and other VPN users not to be able to access server B.

I have created another Tunnel Groups using VPN Wizard, and on step 10 (Address Translation Exemption..) I thought that if I only select Server A, access to B will be denied.
    But this does not work.

How to accomplish that? (I am much better with ASDM than CLI...)

Regards Steffen

Re: ASA 5505, restrict VPN users access to server

Hi Steffen,

Cisco link:

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008046f31a.sht ml#NEX1

NAT Exemption

NAT exemption exempts addresses from translation and allows both real and remote hosts to originate connections. NAT exemption lets you specify the real and destination addresses when determining the real traffic to exempt (similar to policy NAT), so you have greater control using NAT exemption than identity NAT. However unlike policy NAT, NAT exemption does not consider the ports in the access list. Use static identity NAT to consider ports in the access list.

Exemption is only translate addres(ses) or not. It's not meant to block traffic.

If you want to deny a VPN client usergroup access to a particular server or TCP port of that server, you will have to use ACL's to accomplish this.

Greetz,

Jaap

Comment

Working...
    X