VoIP over VPN Audio Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoIP over VPN Audio Problem

We have changed Cisco PIX devices on new ASA 5505 for branch and 5510 in main office. We have VoIP on our internal network with Cisco Call manager in the main office. IPSec VPN connections works between all offices, without restriction. VoIP traffic work also fine. Problem is when USER1 from branch office 1 with Cisco IP Communicator device try to contact USER2 in the branch office 2. There is no audio between them. We noticed that the problem is because voice traffic do not automatic start tunnel between LAN-s in two separate offices. I tunnel is UP before call, everything is OK with audio. In this moment we solve problem with permanent ping between offices. I need some good idea. We also turn off on all ASA devices inspect H 323...On PIX It works fine.

Thanks

Re: VoIP over VPN Audio Problem

Can only guess at this but what are your access-lists for the VPN? Is the traffic "interesting"?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Access lists are OK, because when I have tunnel between two users up everything works fine. Problem is that Cisco IP Communicator, when finish negotiate connection with Call Manager can't start tunnel if it is not started before. Because of that there is no audio between users. One ping from LAN1 to LAN2 solve the problem because and is enough to start IPSec tunnel.

Comment

Tunnels are only started if the device thinks the traffic is interesting and I guess, currently, the device doesn't think this traffic is. What are you allowing?
        You can use
        http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/secu...html#wp1842584
        this to keep the tunnel up but I think we need to get the ASA to recognise the traffic as well. What does call manager send to start the communication?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X