Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco PIX 501 password recovery problem

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when using the procedure for password recovery of cisco pix 501.
    The pix is a version 4.3.200 and prior to version 4.4, you should download the nppix.bin available on the cisco site
    Link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...8009478b.shtml

So after you download the nppix.bin on the pix, it should ask me to erase the password. So after downloading it freezes and nothing for a long time.

As you can see from the screenshot 01.png named attached to this issue, it does nothing happens after the download. Bin

And the screenshot 02.png which proves that the transfer was successful in tftp.

Thank you in advance for solutions that could possibly help me.

Regards,

Attached Files

Re: Cisco PIX 501 password recovery problem

Never even seen a PIX with less than 5 software!
    Does the PIX work normally anyway?

Have you tried pressing enter a couple of times or maybe a different type of conneciton software, PuTTY maybe? Just to see if it makes a difference?

It might be worth lifting the tab on the battery to reset the bios on it (haven't looked in a 501 for a long time but the 506 can be reset this way and can fix odd issues.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Never even seen a PIX with less than 5 software!
      Does the PIX work normally anyway?

Have you tried pressing enter a couple of times or maybe a different type of conneciton software, PuTTY maybe? Just to see if it makes a difference?

It might be worth lifting the tab on the battery to reset the bios on it (haven't looked in a 501 for a long time but the 506 can be reset this way and can fix odd issues.
      The screenshot that I present is done with putty, I also test with hyperterminal and Teraterm, same problem: (

One way to reset the electrical pix? In what has over the dongle. The key goes in the back.

Comment

Hi,

Not entirely sure I understand your text but personally, and I mean personally, I would open the box and see if there is a battery on the motherboard. If so I would pull the plug and lift the tab (carefully). I've done this on the 506 before to fix hanging issues on out of warranty kit.
        You didn't answer my other question either.
        cheers
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Eventually the problem came from the software version, not a 4.3 but a 6.3: /. Because then I could see where it could come.

Moderator you can close this post
          Andy thank you for the help anyway.

Comment

So the PIX was running 6.3?
            That would explain it as it uses a completely different np file!
            How did you get the 4.3.200 software version info then?

Glad it is working now.
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X