Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PIX-to-SmoothWall VPN

Hello all!

We're trying to join two LAN's using a VPN. On one end is a Cisco PIX 515E. On the other end is a SmoothWall Express 3.0-polar-i386.

We've found various how-to's and other documents on how to make this happen and have tried to follow this to the best of our ability. At the moment, if you look at the VPN control page of the web interface for the SmoothWall, it says that the VPN connection is open. However, the Cisco ADSM manager does not show any active VPN connections, and communications between the two LAN's do not work.

I realize this is only the most broad overview of the situation, but I'm not sure what information would be most helpful in diagnosing the problem. However, I'll be happy to post anything anyone needs. Has anyone seen these particular symptoms before?

Thanks much!

Re: Problem with PIX-to-SmoothWall VPN

You should be able to set the logging on the ASDM Manager to debugging or informational, this will most likely give you more information on why the VPN's are not connecting.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! However, I've combed through the logs on the ASDM and I can't find anything that seems related to the VPN. I've also searched through the logs for the IP's of the concerned routers with no results.

Comment

err, from memory (that is fading fast!) try
        Code:
        debug crypto isa sa
        debug crypto ipsec sa
        debug crypto engine
        from the command line.

also
        Code:
        show crypto isa sa
        or
        Code:
        show cryp ipsec sa
        Can you post the config too (minus the identifiable info)?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X