PIX 501-to-PIX 501 VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIX 501-to-PIX 501 VPN

I've used this site for years but this is my first post on here.

Hi, looking for some advice on here,

I have two locations and two PIX's,

One PIX is version 6.2 the other is 6.3.

One PIX has an internal interface of 192.168.1.x/24, the other 192.168.0.x/24

External IPs are static.

I have never used and Cisco equipment before, so I am a complete newbie to the CLI. The PDM looks relatively simple though and I am v. strong on networking.

I have configured both PIX's as each location, everything is fine and dandy.

My problem is creating a site-to-site VPN using these two devices, I read on a link via Google that I just run through the wizard on each device and it works out of the box, it doesn't on mine.

I am really just here to make sure I have everything I need (the versions are correct) etc, before I spend the day getting this working.

Or if their is just something minor I need to do apart from run through the wizards?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Re: PIX 501-to-PIX 501 VPN

Personally speaking I've only ever used the PDM for monitoring so haven't got a clue how to run the wizard. (not sure if I should be embarrassed or not by that!)

If you can't get a resolution, and want to, could you post the config on both (editing the data for personal info) and I could see if there is anything obvious missing?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Cisco Document PIX Site-to-Site VPN
      http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/secu.../sit2site.html
      CCNA, Network+

Comment

Hi, I've got the PIX and site-to-site VPN working now thank you.

I have one final question about the license, I have a 10 user license on each PIX, but have with 30 clients at each location.

Can I go

Clients >>> Switch >>> 2k3 server with NAT >>> PIX >>> Router <<<VPN>>> Router >>> PIX <<<2k3 Server with NAT <<< Switch <<< Clients

and only use 2 licenses?

I only set the site-to-site VPN up so the 2k3 servers could communicate. However, the clients need internet access too, I can use another gateway for the clients if need be.

Thanks

Comment

I asked TAC this quite a while ago and apparently it is the total clients behind that you count, although I couldn't get a decent answer as to why from them. I think the best thing to do is ask them directly to make sure you are legal.
          Glad you got it working though.
          Can you let us know what was the problem for future searches?
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X