ASA 5505 Dynamic-to-Static Tunnel Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA 5505 Dynamic-to-Static Tunnel Drops

When configuring a dynamic to static IPsec tunnel between a remote DSL site and HQ after a certain time the tunnel drops and the only way to repair it is by rebooting the ASA in the remote location.

I believe there is a "keep alive" command or a way to continually send "interesting traffic" to the HQ site to keep the tunnel alive. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Behind the remote location(s), as this is happening with several are PC's and IP phones. Thanks for the help!

Philsky

Re: ASA 5505 Dynamic-to-Static Tunnel Drops

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/secu...html#wp1732140
    This maybe?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Possibly, thanks Andy. I have to re-check the config if see if it's in there already.

I do remember seeing some kind of documentation though on sending a ping for "interesting traffic" automatically across the tunnel but I can't for the life of me find it again.

Comment

Hmm. I think, having read again, that the keep alive is only good for static site to site. Does the remote site gateway have a disconnect timeout?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I don't think anything is defined. I have to login to the device again and grab a copy of the config. I'll post it once I do. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X