No announcement yet.

Multiple Authentication/SSID with Cisco Aironet 1240

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Authentication/SSID with Cisco Aironet 1240

Hi All,

I have some VERY old devices on my network that do not support WPA and I need them to connect to my wireless. I also have the users laptops that also connect to the same network and support WPA.

My idea was to create 2 SSIDs, one with WEP+MAC authentication (I know it's not the most secure, but i really can't replace these devices) and another one with WPA PEAP.

Everything is working fine, I can connect to one SSID using the MAC and WEP authentication and to the other using WPA + Radius.

My problem is getting packets out of it!!! Because I needed VLAN to have 2 SSIDs, only the SSID set to NATIVE can access the network.

I don't have access to the switch, but I believe it is an Cisco Catalyst. I need to know what has to be done on the switch so I can talk to the guy who has the password (and I doubt he will know what to do unless I give him the step-by-step)...

Can someone help me on this?

Is there any way to group the two wireless VLANs into one within the Wireless AP so I don't need to touch the switch?

If not, what should I do on the switch to accept both VLANs and threat them without any difference?

Re: Multiple Authentication/SSID with Cisco Aironet 1240

Moved to CISCO forum for better response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Multiple Authentication/SSID with Cisco Aironet 1240

Thanks, the page did not load properly and I only saw the first forums...