Pix 501

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pix 501

I have Pix 501 that is several years old. Over the last several months, it has been losing the connection to our DSL modem. The only way to reestablish the connection was to unplug the Pix and then power it back up. Now, I cant get the GUI to run at all and it used to run fine. I cant even ping the Pix and I used to e able to do that as well. Is the unit toast? Is there some way to test if it is now 'broken'? When I power it up, everything appears ok, no error messages using the serial connection. All the lights appear ok. Any ideas?

Re: Pix 501

I'd try upgrading or downgrading the software version. I'd also try a factory reset on it. If you still have the problems after that, it is probably time to look at replacing it.

Comment

Upgrading or downloading the software sounds good. How do I do that? Where do I get the software from? How do I do a factory reset?

Comment

Write erase in global configuration mode (config t) will reset all of the settings back to factory default. To upgrade or downgrade the software, you will need an account at cisco.com and an active smartnet contract (I believe). You might be able to get the software by entering your serial number somewhere, but I can't honestly say I have ever done it.

If you can get the software, here is how you would load a new version. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110...tml#upgrade511
        Last edited by Trojan; 18th December 2007, 00:32.

Comment

Working...
        X