No announcement yet.

Pix 506e and Win2K Server VPN question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pix 506e and Win2K Server VPN question

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble setting up a simple remote access VPN.

We have a PIX 506e firewall, and a Windows 2k Server Domain Controller.

Ive tried to use the VPN Wizard in PDM (dont laugh!) to set up both Cisco VPN and PPTP VPN....

I also used IAS in Windows 2K to set up a RADIUS server for authentication. RADIUS or TACAS is necessary if you want to logon to a domain, correct??

I also made sure the usernames I am trying to logon with are allowed to logon with dialup/vpn.....

Now in the past I have gotten PPTP to work fine....but never a Cisco VPN. But as of now, I cant figure out what I am doing wrong - I am getting authentication problems when the VPN attempts to logon to the domain.

I am not at work right now, so I dont know the exact error messages that appear in the Domain Controllers Event Log, but I will post them later.

Anyway I was wondering if someone could please tell me the steps required to set up a Cisco VPN w/a PIX firewall and a Windows 2000 domain.

Re: Pix 506e and Win2K Server VPN question

I do not know all of the steps personally but a quick google search brought me to this page: I believe this will have the info you need. Hope it helps!
    A+ Net+ MCP

Re: Pix 506e and Win2K Server VPN question

Hi Mike,

How is this going? Any luck?
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: &