Slow DHCP from Cisco Clean Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow DHCP from Cisco Clean Access

I am running Cisco Clean Access (CCA) for my wireless network and a select few wired ports at work. I have noticed that DHCP is a bit slow. I have seen it take up to 1 minute for the client to receive an IP. I have also seen the client attempt to get an IP, display the Windows Limited Connectivity warning, and then 5 or so seconds later it has its IP from CCA.

I'm not too worried about the lag because it gives it time to map the client MAC Address to the right role and it works once it completes.

Is anyone else running CCA and noticed that DHCP is slow?

Thanks for your assistance,

Nate
    Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Re: Slow DHCP from Cisco Clean Access

Do you use "Port Fast" for the regular network ports?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion yuval14. Sorry about the late reply too, took some vacation time

I don't have Port Fast enabled. I will enable it on a few ports when I return to work on Tuesday and do some testing and let you know what I find out.

Thanks again,

Nate
      Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

yuval14,

I enabled Port Fast and it now takes about 5 seconds to recieve an IP

It's still a bit sluggish on the wireless but not a whole lot I can do there

Thanks,

Nate
        Hope this helps.

Nate

Comment

Working...
        X