Edge router failover config

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge router failover config

Hi, we are an ISP with two main STM providers, we tried to configure fail-over on our edge router but it didn't work. please can any one assist.

thank you

Re: Edge router failover config

how did you configure it
    why didn't it work
    what did you do to try and adjust it when you realised it didn't work.?

You gotta give us a bit more than this, otherwise how are we supposed to help?

If we start suggesting you do things you've already tried, you'll be annoyed because you've done that.
    If we don't suggest something super-simple like "have you tried turning it off and on again" because we assume you'd have done that, then we might start completely overanalysing things.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Please we used the BGP ROUTE MAP PREPEND COMMAND,

router bgp 65001
      neighbor 10.1.0.2 remote-as 65200
      neighbor 10.1.0.2 description Backup ISP
      neighbor 10.1.0.2 route-map prepend out
      !
      route-map prepend permit 10
      set as-path prepend 65001 65001 65001

Comment

you're using BGP, with your own AS. That suggests you're a pretty big environment...?
        I would recommend speaking to cisco TAC for this one
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hello Tehcamel,

for now i want to configure IP SLA to be doing the fail over in the meantime as I look into the BGP prepend stuff.

May I kindly know if IP SLA will work for me on my edge router with all the BGP stuff, we are an ISP

thank you

cheers

Comment

uhm.. look. I don't want to be rude here....

But it feels like knowing how to do this shit should be bread and butter for network admins at ISPs.

Comment

Thank you for being sarcastic

cheers

Comment

Play nice, guys, or the big bad admin will have to take notice

@orwills - Tehcamel made a valid comment (ok, one word could have been changed....) - an ISP would (IMHO) be expected to know how to manage their own network equipment. You haven't even said what kit you are using, or anything about the structure of your network, but left people to make assumptions.

Going back to the original thread, have you asked Cisco support (do you have Cisco support)?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi! Greetings,

Last edited by biggles77; 14th May 2015, 13:52. Reason: Spammer idiot

Comment

Thanks Blood. The above post has been left for someone to try something on. I should have left a note to that effect. Your eagle eyes and Flag are appreciated.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X