Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring tmg remote client behind cisco router

Hi there,
    I am planning to implement remote client access vpn using TMG pptp vpn.
    the IP addresses and topology are as below
    >>Internet (public IP) >> CiSCO router 3 fa (10.1.1.x) >> TMG (extrnl IP10.1.1.x, intrnl IP 192.168.1.x)
    What is the IP address for the vpn client should be?
    Thanks in advanced

Re: Configuring tmg remote client behind cisco router

Your client will point to the public IP that is on your router's public-facing interface (that the ISP connects to). Everything else is private, so can't be reached across the I'net.

Your router will have to accept traffic on the VPN traffic ports, and forward those requests to the TMG. And the users authenticate from there.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

remember to forward TCP/1723 from the Cisco to the TMG and add IP/57 as well ! (I think that's the right procotol number)
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        remember to forward TCP/1723 from the Cisco to the TMG and add IP/57 as well ! (I think that's the right procotol number)
        It's 47, not 57.

(Also, PPTP is badly broken and should not be used for client VPN connections, as third parties with access to the local network will be able to obtain login credentials by sniffing network traffic.)

Comment

Working...
        X