Cisco 300 series Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 300 series Help

Hi ALL, im new to Cisco switches. I have been given the task of replacing the existing switches with the Cisco 300,s. I am using them on a cctv system which is transmitting the videos using codecs and wireless ptp bridges. The problem i have is that at certain KEY locations there is currently two or three seperate switches sending the Video(DATA) in two different directions/Locations. Will the switches need to be programmed so the data does not clash. If so which is the best method and how do i go about it. With the existing unmanaged switches i have a data loop occurred when all radios were connected at one end because the data was being sent and received by the same switch.

ANY HELP/ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.

Re: Cisco 300 series Help

Very simple advice: get a consultant.

(If you do not have the knowledge, skills or confidence to know where to start, you are far better getting expert help in from the beginning - the cost will be far less than the potential cost if you try it yourself and bodge it somehow )

If you want more advice here, give us some indication of the scale of the operation and perhaps the current structure you have, plus, for example, your budget and timescale.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X