Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two wan redundancy

Dear Members,

I have two offices connected with 4 Mbps link over FE interface. there is one switch 4500 and router 2800 on both sides. i want to have another 4 Mbps link and want both to work in redundant mode. if one fails traffic should be routed to other 4 Mbps link automatically. please help to achieve this.

Thanks,

fam

Re: two wan redundancy

You need some routing protocol to achieve this, i.e OSFP, EIGRP or RIP.

If the network is to stay this simple then RIP is the easiest to implement, but it's limited and causes more network traffic.

Note, if you are implementing dual routers at each site (1 for each WAN) then you would look to use HSRP or VRRP.

Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

thanks topper,

connectivity is ethernet based on Fiber with multiple segments in between.
      HSRP track the interface,where as in our case FE will never be in down state.

thanks,

fam

Comment

Ah ok fair enough, you'll wan to be looking at RIP or OSFP.
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

HI,fam,I don't know if you have already achieved it.But i'd love to share with you our topology.We got the those cisco devices from [MOD DELETED] ,and their engineers are very professional.
          You can write all static routes of one ISP in your router,and two default route to two ISP .One with a lower preference,the other is higher.Above all,you must be combined with the feature of ip sla,in this way,you can change your failed ISP automatically.
          For more information, you may feel free to contact me: [MOD EDIT]
          Last edited by Ossian; 22nd November 2013, 16:25.

Comment

Working...
          X