Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Advise please help

Hi,
    In our office we have 3 x Cisco Catalyst 3750 routers in a stack. They have been working fine for years, but we had a power outage that our UPS did not respond well to yesterday, and now the middle router of the 3 is not booting up. When power is applied to the stack, the top and bottom router boot normally, but the middle router shows all lights on for approx 1 second, then immediately just shows the SYST light on solid green and does nothing else. I have no hyperterminal prompt when connected through COM1 port.

The other 2 x Routers have not had this problem and I can still access them through the COM port and the interface on http:

After thinking it was an overheating issue, I left power off overnight but this morning there is no change.

Does anybody please know how to fix this issue. Or even know what the router is doing?

Please reply

Keith

Re: Urgent Advise please help

Sounds like the power supply may be blown. Try removing it from the stack and run it with only a console cable and power lead. If it does the same thing, you're looking at a repair/replace.

Does your UPS have a guarantee against this sort of thing happening to kit plugged into it? APC certainly does.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

RicklesP

UPS was unfortunately not configured to gracefully shut down the Cisco Router so I have no come back against the APC UPS. Have tried starting it with power and console lead only, and even restarting it with the mode button depressed, but still the same scenario. I think it has died.

Thank you for your advice, think you are more than likely right on the power supply.

Keith

Comment

kind of thing warranty on the switch might cover ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          kind of thing warranty on the switch might cover ?

The kit is too old now. Well out of warranty, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X