Policy Based Routing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policy Based Routing

i have two links between two sites, and i want internet traffic to go via one link while the rest of the traffic via another path. the remote site connect to internet via a proxy based in head office.

HO- 192.168.20.0/24
    proxy 192.168.20.15

Remote Office 192.168.30.0/24

how can i configure PBR in this setup

Re: Policy Based Routing

It would probably be useful to tell us what (Cisco) equipment you have at each site. (Or should we assume it is RFC 1149 )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Depending on the setup you could do PBR or may get away with doing static routes.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Each site is using 1841 router, all running c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.M3.bin image version

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
          Depending on the setup you could do PBR or may get away with doing static routes.

Then, static routing are based on destination, yet am interested in the source of traffic

Comment

Originally posted by grey View Post
            Each site is using 1841 router, all running c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.M3.bin image version
            I think, it depends on the setup, not on destination.
            [MOD EDIT - Sneaky spam links in punctuation edited out and poster banned - post left to make sense of next one]
            Last edited by Ossian; 15th April 2013, 18:13.

Comment

Yes static routes are based on destination which means if you have 2 connections to a particular location you could say to get to a particular subnet use this next hop and to get to a different network use this one which works fine with static routes.

You could use a default route for your internet traffic and more specific routes for your other networks. Not very scalable if you have a lot of networks but it can work. If you want to route based on source then PBR is the only option.
              CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
              CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
              X