New Public IP ASA 5505

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Public IP ASA 5505

I'm new to Cisco and have been tasked with changing the Public IP on an ASA 5505. The company is changing ISP's. I think I've found all the changes that I need to make but would love to some reassurance from those here that are familiar with this device.

It looks like I need to change the external IP and the Gateway. So, I'm looking to change the IP of the outside Interface in Configuration>Interface. I found the gateway in Global Objects it is named OutsideNetwork.

I'm using the gui here and it is ASDM 5.2.

Anything else I will need to do to change the Public IP and get them back on the internet?

Re: New Public IP ASA 5505

Just make sure you change to the correct ip and also change your default route to point to your new isp.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking in the ASDM I see Configuration>Routing>Static Routes. I see there is the existing Public IP. Here it is actually listed as the Gateway but I know this address is the Public IP. So, if I just change this to the new Public IP along with the other changes I mentioned I should be good?

Comment

The default route would point to your ISP's next hop device.

route outside 0 0 X.X.X.x (X being the default gateway for your ISP)
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

I did the IP change this weekend and wanted to thank you for your help. I thought I had it all right but seeing it from someone else helps. I actually had to walk someone through this change over the phone as I was out of town. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X