Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cisco SG300 Port VLAN configuration changes by itself, trying to configure for Voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco SG300 Port VLAN configuration changes by itself, trying to configure for Voice

I have a small network using one SG300 20 switch on the latest firmware.

I want all of my voice traffic on VLAN 15.

The IP phones also have a switch on them so you may plug in another device and they support VLANS.

So, stating off..

I changed the Auto Voice VLAN to VLAN 15.
    I set the desired port to trunk mode.
    I set the administrative PVID of that port to 15.
    I then added the VLAN for the other network to that port (used for desktop computer traffic).

Anyhow, when I powercycle the phone, it resets the config on the port! It changed the PVID back to VLAN 1. Ugh, why won't it stay?

Re: Cisco SG300 Port VLAN configuration changes by itself, trying to configure for Vo

Are you sure you clicked apply or save before rebooting? (I am assuming that there is an option for this on the gui)
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Re: Cisco SG300 Port VLAN configuration changes by itself, trying to configure for Vo

Originally posted by auglan View Post
      Are you sure you clicked apply or save before rebooting? (I am assuming that there is an option for this on the gui)
      Yes indeed.

When you say rebooting, do you mean the phone or the switch? Because I have not power cycled the switch in a while.

Comment

May be worthwhile to reboot that switch.

Comment

May be worthwhile to reboot that switch.
          Rebooting did not help.

After rebooting the switch, I reboot the phone and sure enough, the issue persists.

Comment

I havent used the small business switches so I can't really say whats going on. May be worthwhile contacting support. Could be a firmware issue. Could be a configuration issue. Does the manual say to configure a trunk to the phone? On normal cisco IOS gear the presence of a voice vlan automatically makes a "sudo" trunk from the phone to the switch but there isn't a trunk command in the config as its implied. Now on older switches you had to manual set the trunk (like on the 3500's). What happens if you leave the port as just an access port?

Comment

I havent used the small business switches so I can't really say whats going on. May be worthwhile contacting support. Could be a firmware issue. Could be a configuration issue. Does the manual say to configure a trunk to the phone? On normal cisco IOS gear the presence of a voice vlan automatically makes a "sudo" trunk from the phone to the switch but there isn't a trunk command in the config as its implied. Now on older switches you had to manual set the trunk (like on the 3500's). What happens if you leave the port as just an access port?
              Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't work.

However, I did seem to fix it.

I look at Smartport and noticed the VLAN settings on it were incorrect. I figured it wasn't a good idea to use Smartport anyways, so I disabled it, reconfigured the ports as I wanted (Trunked with the data and voice VLAN) and everything booted and configured as expected. Sweet!

Comment

Cool, glad you got it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                X