Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radius Configuration on CISCO Linksys Wireless Router

Hi all,
    I have Linksys wireless router in my lab. I want to configure radius with my clients.

Re: Radius Configuration on CISCO Linksys Wireless Router

Good for you.... I'm sure you will be very successful....

Assuming you want some advice on how to set it up, please provide much more information, and ask specific questions. Telling us WHAT model of router it is would be a very good start, as would telling us what RADIUS server you have available
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Good for you.... I'm sure you will be very successful....

Assuming you want some advice on how to set it up, please provide much more information, and ask specific questions. Telling us WHAT model of router it is would be a very good start, as would telling us what RADIUS server you have available
      Ok. I have Cisco Linksys WRG54GS wireless router and have 50 PC's in my lab. I have no radius server, i have Domain controller with ADS, DNS and DHCP configured.

Comment

Windows Server can act as a RADIUS server ( will tell you more)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

So where are you going to run RADIUS? On your DC, or on another box? Cant authenticate with RADIUS if you dont have a RADIUS server configured.
          CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
          CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Windows Server can act as a RADIUS server ( will tell you more)
            ok thanx. U mean i dont need to configured any radius server on my domain?

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
              So where are you going to run RADIUS? On your DC, or on another box? Cant authenticate with RADIUS if you dont have a RADIUS server configured.
              i have Domain controller which have windows 2003 server with ADS, DNS and DHCP configured.

Comment

Originally posted by kay5ive View Post
                ok thanx. U mean i dont need to configured any radius server on my domain?
                Yes, you do need to configure it (enable role, configure role services correctly in 2008, and a slightly different process in 2003)

Note it may not be the best idea to use your DC as the RADIUS server - again to investigate the security risks involved
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Yes, you do need to configure it (enable role, configure role services correctly in 2008, and a slightly different process in 2003)

Note it may not be the best idea to use your DC as the RADIUS server - again to investigate the security risks involved
                  ok then what should i do to make my server as radius server?

Comment

Depending on where you are going to run RADIUS will determine the configuration needed. I suggest you use GOOGLE.
                    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
                    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

++
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
                        Depending on where you are going to run RADIUS will determine the configuration needed. I suggest you use GOOGLE.
                        i need the specific task to solve my problem thats why i m joining this forum, I dont get any help from the google regarding this issue.
                        I need the specific task to solve my problem...if someone have any solved problem then he can share with me.

Comment

OK, very specific steps since you can't or won't do even a little to help yourself:
                          a) Advertise for consultant
                          b) Review consultant CVs and select consultant
                          c) Agree scope of work and cost
                          d) Sit back while consultant does work
                          e) Pay consultant
                          (in many cases, exchange steps (d) and (e) )
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

RADIUS setup on 2003
                            http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx
                            cheers
                            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
                            X