Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Switch for HSRP, GLBP etc

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site, hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

In short; I'm currently studying for my CCNP Switching exam and have a lab in place for testing and practising etc.

One thing I need to get familiar with is redundancy, so HSRP and GLBP etc and I wondered if anyone can recommend a switch model that I can buy 2nd hand off eBay or somewhere which won't break the bank that will allow me to practise these protocols?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Recommended Switch for HSRP, GLBP etc

A 3550 should be good enough. They are cheap these days. About $150.00. If you want a step up from that then look at the 3560's. They are in the $500.00.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
      A 3550 should be good enough. They are cheap these days. About $150.00. If you want a step up from that then look at the 3560's. They are in the $500.00.
      You sir, have answered my question. Thanks for your help.

Comment

After looking at the specs on the 3550 and 3560, it doesnt support GLBP but does support HSRP. For hands on practice you could use virtual routers inside GNS3 to get some hands on with GLBP. The higher end switches like the 4500's and 6500's support all the first hop redundancy protocols but they are expensive.
        Last edited by auglan; 6th August 2012, 17:36.
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
        X