Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reserve specific vty line for specific user?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reserve specific vty line for specific user?

I want to reserve one specific vty line ,like vty 0, for myself to access router remotly so that i can always access it with telnet or SSH. I tried my best but invain. Do any one has any idea to reserve one specific vty line for some specific user? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to reserve specific vty line for specific user?

You could make an ACL and apply it to one of the Vty lines. That way your ip address would be the only one able to telnet/ssh to that line.

access-list 1 permit x.x.x.x

You could also reserve a particular port for a specific line using the rotary command. When you use the rotary command you would connect with port 3000 + the rotary number assigned. So for below it would be telnet x.x.x.x 3025. I think the rotary will also accept 5000 and 7000 as well. This works for telnet and I think there is some config for ssh as well.

line vty 0
    rotary 25
    access-class 1 in
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Re: How to reserve specific vty line for specific user?

Originally posted by auglan View Post
      You could make an ACL and apply it to one of the Vty lines. That way your ip address would be the only one able to telnet/ssh to that line.

access-list 1 permit x.x.x.x

You could also reserve a particular port for a specific line using the rotary command. When you use the rotary command you would connect with port 3000 + the rotary number assigned. So for below it would be telnet x.x.x.x 3025. I think the rotary will also accept 5000 and 7000 as well. This works for telnet and I think there is some config for ssh as well.

line vty 0
      rotary 25
      access-class 1 in
      Thanks dear,i will check both methods and reply.

Comment

Working...
      X