Cisco EPC2425 router, huge problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco EPC2425 router, huge problem

so i switched to another ISP 2 months ago and i got this new cisco router.. but now i REALLY need to use IRC, internet relay client, and i can't. i tried from my sister's computer and it's exactly the same. i tried 2 irc clients, one is called mIRC other icechat, they both have the same problem - when i try to join a channel i give the command /join #channel ok? and i receive the message "OIN unknown command" that's because the command hasn't been properly sent to the server. the "j" letter was missed. other times whole commands are missed. if i do a /list to get the server's channel list. or i do "/whois alex" i get "alex unknown command" because the /whois has been missed entirely! i searched on google, i found this stuff called port forwarding and ok, this fixed a very small issue, that of the ident server which never affected me. i tried every configuration of the router - to remove firewall, to enable/disable upnp, port forwarding to all possible ports etc. NOTHING worked! and it's also 13 - i always get bad luck on 13. i really need to use irc ok? please help me!

Re: Cisco EPC2425 router, huge problem

it's not ident service
    you may need a specific nat entry

otherwise, try a different IRCport as well (common is 6667 but you may also find 6666 or 7777 work.. depends on the network)
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1832325

related to that ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

jesus christ.... :-/ this is the most re7arded thing i seen in my entire life..... ok so thanks for help - it works only if i try on port 6660. irc ports normally range from 6660 to 6669. any other ports from 6661 to 6669, i cannot use properly because i get the same errors. but even so, some irc servers don't support 6660 !!!!!!!!!! they only support 6667 which is the default! which is FCKING RE7ARDED !!!!! omfg.... :-/ i think i'll go into depression.. i never thought i'd live long enough to witness this... maybe the end of the world is coming who knows.... ok man so err?.. can you explain to me how to make it run normally? you already helped me but i want full access to every single irc server on this planet - and that means port 6667. can you do that for me.. and hurry up before i kill myself!

Comment

Calm down.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide.../4028315_A.pdf

Set up port forwarding.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes thanks i set up port forwarding already but err?.. it's just the same. and that cisco router manual in fact i have it too on cd. i think that what i need is a setting on the router to change the port to which i connect... so if i try to connect to a server on port 6667, then it fails.. so i want something different. i try to connect to a server on port 9000, and the router has to change the port from 9000 to 6667. then maybe it would work but i don't know how to do that. the rightmost tab after Setup on my router is named Advanced. maybe it's there but i can't access it because it requires authentification.

Comment

Do you not now the username/password for your device? I didnt think anyone used IRC anymore.
            CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
            CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
            X