Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicast Troubleshooting on 3750X

Hi,
    I have a typical multicast setup scenario were in I am not able to receive multicast at the receiver. I have some query related to m/c.
    1) The receiver IP address should be able to reach Source IP address via unicast routing?..if Yes,then my Source resides on different subnet than the receiver, so how to acheive this...though I have 3750X switch in between both Subnets and this 3750X can receive multicast from Source side.
    2) Is there any way by which the actual source IP can be changed to the router/switch(3750X) IP address who is then forwarding the multicast stream downwards towards the receiver?

Re: Multicast Troubleshooting on 3750X

Need more info. What do you mean by a typical multicast setup? What type of multicast routing are you running. PIM_SM or PIM_DM etc
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Hi auglan,

its PIM-SM setup and as mentioned please find the attached network setup used were in I am not able to receive multicast at the receiver(STB's) & have the query related to m/c.
      1) The receiver IP address should be able to reach Source IP address via unicast routing?..if Yes,then my Source resides on different subnet than the receiver, so how to acheive this...though I have 3750X switch in between both Subnets and this 3750X can receive multicast from Source side.

2) Is there any way by which the actual source IP can be changed to the router/switch(3750X) IP address who is then forwarding the multicast stream downwards towards the receiver?
      Attached Files

Comment

Your best bet is to look at how PIM SM operates. Cisco has tons of documentation and examples.

Comment

Hi auglan,
          Thanks for support, still no luck and I am into a big mess,Need help,basically I am having problem in setting multicast for two dept (Sales & mkt) in our organization; the setup is consisting of one Cisco 4948 switch (SW1) connected on core side and connected to SALES & MKT Cisco 3750-X (SW2 & SW3)on respective point-to-point interface and enabled PIM-SM on all the interfaces of switch facing multicast.
          Core switch (SW1) is having dot1q trunk interface via a L2 Switch to Core AGG Router, werein Valn705 is carrying multicast stream.
          The multicast Sources 1 & 2 are on different subnet and network sending multicast to AGG router and these Sources are reachable from AGG router’s 20.20.0.1/16 supernet configured on subinterface (G0/0.705).
          In order to get the multicast from AGG router, I have statically configured the join-group for 2 multicast groups on the VLAN705 and I can see 6Mb of traffic on this VLAN, but I cannot stream them inside SALES or MKT switches LANs 20.20.0.16/29 & 20.20.0.24/29 respectively.For both the Switches(SW2 & SW3) rp is manually configured and SW1’s VLAN705 IP is configured as a RP.
          I am attaching the Setup,configuration of Core Switch(SW1) & SALES Switch(SW2)….the MKT Switch have the similar configs are of SALES. Please let me know what could be the problem and my configurations are correct or I am missing some thing…
          Thanks in advance !!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you check and see if Pim Join messages are being sent. Remember the client has to ask for the multicast. Is there an app on the end client that starts the stream?

Can you ping the multicast group from the switches?

Comment

yes I can see PIM msgs are received from SW2 towards SW1, for joining the multicast I am using VLC player to join it using a laptop on port g1/0/8 which is running a DHCP server and I can see the VLC player is sending the igmp join msgs, but on SW2 I can see only (*,G) entries.

SW2#sh ip igmp mem
              Flags: A - aggregate, T - tracked
              L - Local, S - static, V - virtual, R - Reported through v3
              I - v3lite, U - Urd, M - SSM (S,G) channel
              1,2,3 - The version of IGMP, the group is in
              Channel/Group-Flags:
              / - Filtering entry (Exclude mode (S,G), Include mode (G))
              Reporter:
              <mac-or-ip-address> - last reporter if group is not explicitly tracked
              <n>/<m> - <n> reporter in include mode, <m> reporter in exclude
              Channel/Group Reporter Uptime Exp. Flags Interface
              *,239.255.255.250 20.20.0.18 00:39:45 02:03 2A Gi1/0/8
              *,239.150.155.200 20.20.0.18 00:02:39 02:07 2A Gi1/0/8
              *,224.0.1.40 10.11.102.2 00:49:01 02:44 2LA Gi1/0/3

SW2#sh ip mroute 239.150.155.200
              IP Multicast Routing Table
              Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
              L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
              T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry, E - Extranet,
              X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
              U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report,
              Z - Multicast Tunnel, z - MDT-data group sender,
              Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group,
              V - RD & Vector, v - Vector
              Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched, A - Assert winner
              Timers: Uptime/Expires
              Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode
              (*, 239.150.155.200), 00:02:44/00:02:58, RP 20.20.0.8, flags: SC
              Incoming interface: GigabitEthernet1/0/3, RPF nbr 10.11.102.1
              Outgoing interface list:
              GigabitEthernet1/0/8, Forward/Sparse, 00:02:44/00:02:58

Comment

Post the results of :

show ip mroute 239.150.155.200 count

and

debug ip mpacket 239.150.155.200