Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently Being Moderated implement spanning-tree and hsrp, and all switching profess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Being Moderated implement spanning-tree and hsrp, and all switching profess

hi all,
    please i need your help in this Question, i have posted in this link:-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2122976

and thank you very much,,

Sara,

Re: Currently Being Moderated implement spanning-tree and hsrp, and all switching pro

From looking at that post, I am not sure what the question is. In regards to what mode of spanning tree. MST runs on top of RSTP so you get the best of both worlds with implementing MST. Why run MST? PVST and RSTP create an STP instance for each vlan, whereas MST lets you assign multiple vlans to a MST instance, which cuts down on the load on the switch. As far as link aggregation, PAGP is cisco proprietary and LACP is a standard. If you run a pure cisco environment PAGP isn't an issue. They both work the same way. IMO I turn negotiation off

channel-group 1 mode on

HSRP and SPT are totally separate technologies, dont get them confused.

Most of the questions in that post I cant answer from looking at diagrams and text. You may be better off consulting with a local engineer about best practices and your changing design issues. Never hurts to get an outside opinion.
    Last edited by auglan; 27th December 2011, 21:49.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Re: Currently Being Moderated implement spanning-tree and hsrp, and all switching pro

thank you auglan

ok, i didnt meant that hsrp and stp are same, just when i tried to assume which sw will be the root bridge, i suppose that core1 will be the root for the vlans connected via first 4507 and core2 the secondary, and i want when the link between first 4507 and core1 be down , i want core2 will be the active gate way; that will be happen if the hsrp configured correctly, and maybe i can do it by configure tracking command at the core1 interface connect to first 4507,
      i mean i want hsrp work with stp together to reach the goal and no conflict will happen,,

thanks again,

Comment

You should manually assign your root bridges for your particular vlans. If using MST then you can assign per instance. Its never good to let the STP process decide on root election's etc.
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

thanks auglan,,,

please check the update at previous link, so if there is new ideas,

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X