X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to access (PING) the PC behind the Wireless Router

Hi Guyz..

Here is my topology.

Cisco 1841 (Internet) ---> Cisco Switch ESW-520-48-K9 (LAN) ---> Linksys Normal Wireless Router

Cisco 1841 Router WAN IP x.x.x.x LAN IP: 192.168.10.10/24

Linksys Wireless WAN IP is 192.168.10.12/24 GW: 192.168.10.10 and Linksys LAN IP is 192.168.1.1/24

If I am connected through Linksys Wireless Router,e.g. (192.168.1.x) I can access all the PCs connected through Cisco 1841. (192.168.10.x)

But When i connected through Cisco 1841 (192.168.10.x) I can NOT access any PC conncted to Linksys Router (192.168.1.x)

I want to connect all the PCs of Linksys from Cisco 1841,

I tried to add a static route on Cisco 1841 but still i can not ping any pc behind Linksys

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.12

My target is to access the PC behind the Linksys Router which i am unable to do it.

Any idea would really help me a lot.

Thanks and regards
    Kamal

Re: unable to access (PING) the PC behind the Wireless Router

the linksys router is probably only running NAT, rather than routing.

you need to tell the linksys router how to route from 192.168.10.x to 192.168.1.x
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes, the router is configured as a NAT. The purpose of this Linksys router is only provide Internet to some Laptops.

Can you plz give me an example of Routing to achieve the same task.

1. To access system behind the Linksys Router
      2. Internet

Regards
      Kamal

Comment

if the linksys router is only configured as NAT, you won't be able to route through to that subnet, which is what you need.

i can't give you specifics on how to configure that router, because I'm simply not sure. However, you'd need to put it into Router mode, instead of modem mode, I think.

then publish appropriate routes, on the linksys.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

The product documentation would be the place to start.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X