X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 881

Hi Guys,
    This is my first post.

All the hosts in both the sites have access to the internet via the configured interfaces and NAT on the cisco routers at both sites. There is a server on Site A that my bosses can't access via REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION.

Will I be able to access it via Remote Desktop Connection if I configure PPPoE setting on the Cisco router on Site A.

Thanks in advance.
    Cisco Newbie

PPPoE is not going to have any affect on things.

Where are your bosses located? In site B or are they external?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response. My bosses are trying to access it from an external site. Currently I have configured the Cisco routers to access the internet by NATING the 192.168.1.0/24(site A) and 192.168.2.0/24(Site B) to the private address 192.168.0.1/24 provided by the TP Link router.
      With this setup my bosses can't access the server in Site A.
      The TP Link router has a Static Public IP Address 201.xx.xx.xx that my bosses use to access the Server VIA Remote Desktop Connection. Despite setting Port forwarding on the TP Link router my bosses can't seem to access it because there is another router Cisco router at play here.
      How do i configure the Cisco router to make the server accessible from the outside?

Thanks in advance,
      Kindest regards,

Comment

1. Can you remove the TP Link and just connect the ISP circuit to the Cisco?
        2. Why are you NATing private to private? If you need to keep the TP Link router, just forward to the appropriate internal IP and add a static route on the TP Link router for 192.168.1.0/24 with a gateway of 192.168.0.2. Remove the NAT statements on the site A Cisco
        WARNING: I do not know the setup of your network and doing anything I advise may cause service or connectivity issues. If you're not sure how to properly route traffic (or if you need multiple routers in a single location or not) then you might want to hire a consultant to get things setup properly.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X