Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird problem on a C2924M-XL with a WS-X2931-XL and WS-G5482 GBIC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem on a C2924M-XL with a WS-X2931-XL and WS-G5482 GBIC.

Hi guys,

I hope somebody can help me with this weird problem.

A couple of days ago, I purchased a WS-X2931-XL Module and a WS-G5482 GBIC to go with it. I installed them today, made sure the screws were tight and the GBIC was inserted properly. I plugged a computer into port 1 and the router into the GBIC/Module slot 1. Nothing happened. It seemed like the computer wasn't recieving any packets even when it was sending them. I tried to put the module and GBIC into slot 2 but still nothing happened. I then tried to swap them over and try all sorts of things with crossover adaptors. Still didn't work. BUT when I plugged my computer into port 24 it started to work but Port 24 can't communicate with any of the other ports except the module.

Any ideas guys? I haven't ever done a reset since I have had the switch. Do you think it needs one?

Cheers

Re: Weird problem on a C2924M-XL with a WS-X2931-XL and WS-G5482 GBIC.

I think more information is needed her before anyone could offer *good* advice.. If you could post your configs, it would help.

There could be quite a few things in play here. Have you already verified the setup with the Dynamic Configuration Tool? I believe you still have to have a CCO account to use it though.

Also... what is your IOS version (It seems CatOS is not supported with your configuration)?

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/inte...x/OL_6981.html

Comment

Working...
    X