3750 routing and ios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3750 routing and ios

I view this site for some time and really its a great site! I solved a lot of issues
    I have a question it's could be not the right place but anyway I would appreciate if I get an answer.

I have 2 3750 SW, one main and one backup and I want to connect a SW 2960 to it to enter servers. (Environment LAN)
    Today, all servers are connected directly to the two SW's , Now the question is:
    if i connect the SW with 2 fibers - one to the main and one to the backup that would cause to loop? Or not because STP is enabled? If so what should I set up to prevent it .. (I do not want the network to fall).

Another question - when I connect the main and backup directly to the SW with fiber the SW will be conncted with 2 Giga ? (1 giga each leg ? ) This means that every server that I tie to the SW is entered in two GIGA or all servers will share the bandwidth of 2 giga?
    What should I do physically or configure the switch soo it will be in giga s
    i Would love to get some of the features of the 3750 SW! =].

last, where i can download Cisco ios for 3750 G 12 port fiber ?

thx alot!

Re: 3750 routing and ios

Its going to depend on which 3750 is the root. If you have an uplink from each 3750 to the other switch, one link is going to blocked with spanning-tree. If the main 3750 is the root then that uplink will be used and the other blocked. This is assuming that both 3750's are connected via a trunk or etherchannel. If the uplink to main fails, spanning tree will recalculate and put the other uplink the the forwarding state. You can speed up the convergenece by enabling uplink-fast on the other switch. Uplinkfast will change the switches priority to 49,152 so the access switch should never become the root. It also increases the cost of all links to 3000 so its not used as a transit switch. Make sure you know where your root switch is etc. Convergence is like 5 seconds or so with uplinkfast as it bypasses the spanning tree foward time.

Check out cisco.com for the IOS etc
    Last edited by auglan; 30th June 2010, 19:16.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

thx man!
      what about my secend question ? its really bother me

Comment

If the second uplink is blocked then no data can be sent across it. The only thing it will be listening for is BPDU's from the root switch.

Comment

Another question - when I connect the main and backup directly to the SW with fiber the SW will be conncted with 2 Giga ? (1 giga each leg ? ) This means that every server that I tie to the SW is entered in two GIGA or all servers will share the bandwidth of 2 giga?

can answer please?

Comment

I did answer you question on the previous post. If one link is blocked no traffic can go over it, so you will only be able to use 1 gig uplink. Spanning tree will block the redundant link.

Comment

ohh i see..

soo how do i get more then 1 giga connection man?

Comment

You can create an etherchannel which is bundling at least 2 uplinks together. Spanning tree see's and etherchannel as 1 link.

Comment

Working...
                X