Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gns3

Hello,

I have installed & Configured GNS3.0 to create Practice with routing and switching. I created my first lab with a router 2600 and a switch. When i am opening Console to configure a router it does give console screen with a message on top "Connected to Dynamips VM "R1" (ID 0, type c2600) - Console port" and on the next line there is a green blinking cursor!!! i pressed enter but no movements.

Can anyone advise what's wrong with it?

Re: Gns3

Check out this website. Should help you out.

http://www.gns3.net/

I used to use dynamips/dynagen. It works fairly well on a good pc with alot of ram. The bad part is the limited switching capabilities. I finally got tired of dealing with the issues and spent 3k on a halfway decent rack. In my opinion real equipment is the way to go. One think with gns3 and dynmips is getting a good idle pc value. It took me awhile to finally get it where I wanted it. Once it was right I could run 9 routers /4 switches and FR switch and my cpu utilization was at like 30 percent. The issues came in when I was running a full lab including IGP and BGP and cpu would spike to like 90 percent.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

did you load an IOS image?

Comment

Originally posted by toronto dude View Post
        did you load an IOS image?
        it is apparent that he did, seeing as he managed to load a lab with 9 routers /4 switches and FR switch..

GNS3 takes some tinkering to work right, and to my experience not all IOS images i found were stable..

Comment

Working...
        X