No announcement yet.

Help me on PBR issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me on PBR issue

Hi Everyone,
    I am having that kind of PBR issue in client side. Actually they want to do Policy Based Routing through their main office to branch. I change the ip address because of privacy policy.

This is the main office subnet scope. Their special subnet is 203.72.87.xx/25 /24

Main office have cisco 4507 switch connected to layer 3 ospf link with 2 juniper edge device.

The task is to trasfer packet from following address through juniper edge device1 to
    To trasfer packet from following address through juniper edge device 2 to

If PBR is not enable by default , it is go through link2 (juniper device 2).

When i do show run, the address ,, are already in the permit access list. That mean i don't need to put it on access list again. But is in the ip helper list. But there is no vlan ip for, , , ,, . When i do ip route command , the traffic are not involved either.

Eigrp is running on the list and it is /16 network.from what i know is doing acl 1st, and then routemap and redistribute . In my case, i think i should use ospf to redistribute.And the last thing is apply routemap to interface.But now I am very confuse that do i need to add this ip address to vlan 1st and doing this or I have no idea how to configure this switch to do policy based routing. Anyone please enlighten me.

Re: Help me on PBR issue

If you want to policy route:

Identify the traffic for the route-map

ip prefix-list PBR permit or

access-list 5 permit

or you can also match an an extended acl matching on souce/destination pairs.

Create route-map

route-map PBR permit 10
    match ip address prefix-list PBR
    set ip next-hop "next hop address"

Apply route-map to interface:

int vlan 1
    ip policy route-map PBR

Keep in mind you will need reachablity to that next hop address for policy routing to work.

I dont understand the question regarding the routing, please be more specific.
    Last edited by auglan; 26th May 2010, 13:00.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)