No announcement yet.

Cisco 877W hangs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 877W hangs

I have a Cisco 877W that hangs every so often, about 2-3 times per week.
    I'm not sure if 'hang' is the right description. When it does this, all lights on the front are off except for 3 ethernet ports (I only have 3 of the 4 LAN ports in use). The console appears completely dead and all connected PC's appear to lose connectivity.
    I discovered today, however, that the ethernet lan ports are in fact working, just the PC's have lost their DHCP assigned IP's and reverted to the 169.x.x.x address. I found that by assigning static IP's the PC's could continue to talk to each other, but I was unable to access the router through the LAN ports at the IP I have assigned in the config (
    Since having the router I've upgraded the flash, ram, rommon, ios and firmware but the issue persists.
    Once rebooted, there isn't a crashdump file and I can't find any log details regarding the fault that had occurred.
    I would be most grateful if anyone could give me any insight into this issue, or how I might investigate further.
    Happy to provide any further information.
    Sincere thanks in advance.

Re: Cisco 877W hangs

Possible bad power cable. Its tough to troubleshoot it as you cant get access to it to see any logs etc. If its under a support contract I would give cisco TAC a call to see what they can do. Seems to me like a power related issue though but it could be numerous things (memory, board etc.) I would consider replacing it if this is a production network.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)