Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two port equal 3389 , 1 router cisco?

Good afternoon everyone.
    I currently have a cisco router in my organization, with two servers.
    Currently I have published one of the servers to the Internet (Terminal Server 3389).
    with the following command.

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.245 3389 interface FastEthernet1 3389

My question is that I want to enable the other server with 3389 terminalserver the same router, what do I have to enter command to have 2 different ports with the same private ip?
    Thank you.

Re: Two port equal 3389 , 1 router cisco?

Let me make sure that I have this right. You have 2 servers both with private IP addresses and you have 1 public address. You are wanting to be able to access both servers from the internet using remote desktop/ terminal services?

If this is the case then you would have to access one of the servers on a different port. With remote desktop this gets tricky. Best solution would be to get a second public address from your ISP.

Also it would helpful to know type of cisco router, config, version, etc so that the correct commands can be given.

Comment

The easiest thing to do would be is change the RDP listening port.
      CCNA, Network+

Comment

you would need to have one listening on port 3389 on the public interface, and one listening on, say, 13389 on the public interface

so
        ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 3389 interface fa1 3389
        ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.2 3389 interface fa1 13389

Then, your public users would need to put publicip:13389 in their remote desktop client.

This way, there's no need to change the server configuration, just do some user education. You could even create a saved RDP session to distribute, so thye don't have to type anything in at all..

(Also - do a search for TSGrinder, and do a bit of reading, before you decide you wish to publish RDP ports to the wider internet...)
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X