CNA & VLAN's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNA & VLAN's

Need help using Cisco Network Assistant setting up VLAN. Have a 3750-E connected to a 3750-G thru fiber. The 3750-G is connected to a router for internet access. Created a vlan 10 on the E and G switches and set one of the ports on the E switch to vlan 10. The fiber port is set for Trunk-Allowed VLAN's - ALL. What else is necessary to allow the vlan 10 port on the E switch to access the internet? Sorry I'm asking how to do this thru a GUI and not CL. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: CNA & VLAN's

I'll take my thread one step further. In the CNA GUI, under Switching>Device Properties>IpAddress, under Interface configuration tab. I have not checked routed or entered a IP/Subnet info. Should I check the routed option and then enter the IP/Subnet of the switch in this location?

Comment

I don't know CNA however if you want to allow traffic across vlans you have to setup routing...
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Marcel. I've decided to go a different direction. My router has two access points so we are going to segment the traffic physically and then split the subnet. This will keep me from having to set up a vlan on the switch. One less thing to have to worry about. Thanks again,
        Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by ttiller View Post
          Thanks for the reply Marcel. I've decided to go a different direction. My router has two access points so we are going to segment the traffic physically and then split the subnet. This will keep me from having to set up a vlan on the switch. One less thing to have to worry about. Thanks again,
          Tommy
          I think this is not the right way to solve the problem; what you will do if you will need another subnet? Buy another router interface?
          First of all you need to tell us which device is routing between different vlans. From what I guess, the 3750-G switch should do this routing; in this case, you need to activate the "ip routing" on global config :
          Code:
          enable [enter]
          conf t [enter]
          ip rounting [enter]

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cielo. We have already moved ahead with my original post. Everything was completed this weekend and is up and running. Thanks again for your suggestion.
            Tommy

Comment

Working...
            X