• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add route

hello
    my cisco 1841 conneced to two cross connect cable
    1. fe0/0 connect to 10.128.88.193
    2. fe0/1 my server 10.128.88.196
    3. another cross connect connected to hwic fe0/1/3(172.18.21.9 but not connected to my server
    i am trying to ping from my server 10.128.88.196 to 172.16.89.201 it is the server after the cross connect router

what should i to do ?

golan

Re: add route

You can't connect a host device directly to a router, it has to connect to a switch first.

Comment

Originally posted by phoeneous View Post
      You can't connect a host device directly to a router, it has to connect to a switch first.
      That's not correct. You can connect a host directly to an ethernet interface on a router. Why do you think that you can't?

Also, a host could be a switch, hub, computer, router, etc. Any device that has a network interface of some type connected to the physical media that makes up your network is a host.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        That's not correct. You can connect a host directly to an ethernet interface on a router. Why do you think that you can't?

Also, a host could be a switch, hub, computer, router, etc. Any device that has a network interface of some type connected to the physical media that makes up your network is a host.
        I stand corrected. I just labbed it up and I guess you can connect a server directly to the fa port of a router. Good to know, thank you!
        Last edited by phoeneous; 13th November 2009, 20:53.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
          X