Cisco 2600 Limited Connections ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 2600 Limited Connections ?

Hey Guys, i used a switch catalyst 2500xl with 6 vlans. I had this configured with Router on a stick with a cisco 2600 to vlans to comunicate between them and as dhcp server as well. in each vlan there was about 24 pc's connected. The router got really strange and , very slow throw the console port, and the vlans stoped comunicating between them. Could it be that the cisco router doesent have enought power for somany connections on different vlans ?

Kevin

Re: Cisco 2600 Limited Connections ?

Was it working fine, then this started?

I had a similar issue but with a 2801. It was working fine for a couple of years. As soon as I disconnected the cat5 cable, the router started to respond on through console port fine again. I haven't figured out the issue as of yet. I just replaced it with a 2821.
    CCNA, Network+

Comment

Re: Cisco 2600 Limited Connections ?

yes it was working ok. Suddently it got very slow, vlans stop working between them. Very Strange. It worked ok for the first 4 hours then got crazy, i had 6 ports of the switch , each port connected to one switch of 24 ports, not a cisco switch, just a normal switch. Is it suppose to to that ? there was about 24 computers in each vlan , i'm very disapointed if the router doesent support this.

Comment

Working...
      X