No announcement yet.

password recovery on 3500xl switch

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password recovery on 3500xl switch

hello everyone thanks for help, i got 3500xl switch with lost password, i did perform the tasks to the recovery, which is posted -flash_init, load_helper,dr flash:, rename, boot, enable, rename again back, but when i get to last step copy flash:config.text system:running-config it ask for a confirm by, then starts to look for a domain till times out, anybody got any thing that might help me ,, thanks much Boe??

Re: password recovery on 3500xl switch

so you followed this guide, or a different one ?

It looks like whne you tried to write the old config back to running config, before changing the passwords, it's picking up something in the old config that wants it to be connecte dto a network.
    Possibly AAA/TACACS stuff ?

One work around would be, at step 9, after you have entered the boot command, and when it is asking if you want to run the configuratio ndialog, say Y instead of N
    --- System Configuration Dialog ---
    At any point you may enter a question mark '?' for help.
    This would completely overwrite your configuration however... so only do this if you have the rest of your configuration backed up somewhere, or if you know how to reconfigure any port groups, vlans, AAA settings etc...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point