Network Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Issues

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with a disturbing issue! We have subnets ranging from 10.1.x.x - 10.20.x.x and only the nodes on the 10.1.x.x are experiencing time out issues when visiting certain sites while connected to the LAN. When switching over to the wireless connection the time-out issues are no more. I have connected my laptop directly to the core switch only to experience the same time-out issues, but when switched over to the wireless connection the problem disappears. Any advice on troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Re: Network Issues

Hi there,

Are the sites you are trying to access local to the LAN or are they internet resources?

Is the timeout problem intermittent (I.e, sometimes works) or are these resources always unavailable?

Maybe a diagram of the core connections would help,

Cheers

JOnathan
    MCSA/MCSE 2000
    MCSA/MCSE 2003
    CCNA

I love pies.

Comment

Re: Network Issues

The time-outs are not experienced intra, only inter. The time-outs are consistant but when i ping these sites the response times are actually faster than that of a wireless ping. However, getting to the actual site via cable connection times out. Thinking it may be a DHCP issue I even assigned a static IP to the LAN connection of the laptop, but no change.

Thanks again,
      Joe

Comment

Working...
      X