Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciaco Catalyst 3560E Port Becoming Err-Disabled

Hi folks,

We are having a recurring issue here whereby ports on our Cisco 3560E switches are going into err-disabled mode.

It occurs when we move a PC that is connected to a switch, via a hub, to another port on the same switch (staying within the same VLAN). On connecting the PC to the switch the new port becomes err-disabled.

The mac address-table command shows that the PC's mac address is still linked to the original port (static).

We have switchport port security enabled on all ports. By temporarily removing port security from the original port the mac address entry for the PC disappears and we can successfully connect the PC to another port.

Can anyone please tell me what is happening here, is this normal behaviour? I would like to have direct switch port connections for all of our organisation's PCs, but this isn't always possible.

Many thanks for your time,

John P

Re: Ciaco Catalyst 3560E Port Becoming Err-Disabled

That's normal if you have switch port security enabled. If you don't want this to happen then you need to disable switch port security.

Comment

Re: Cisco Catalyst 3560E Port Becoming Err-Disabled

Hi joeqwerty,

Many thanks for your reply and reassurance that the behaviour shown is normal. Its just that I couldn't find anything in documentation to help troubleshoot the problem and the resolution, i.e. temporarily removing port security to remove the mac address from the table, was stumbled upon by chance.

Best regards,

John P

Comment

Re: Ciaco Catalyst 3560E Port Becoming Err-Disabled

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X