Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routing WAN traffic using policy based routing on Catalyst 3560 with 2 WAN/ISP links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing WAN traffic using policy based routing on Catalyst 3560 with 2 WAN/ISP links

Hi folks -

>2 Sites Singapore and NY (see attached)

>NY hosts citrix servers and wan apps used by Singapore users.

>Singapore has 2 ISP connections, ISP A and ISP B connected by site to site vpn.

>ISP B VPN connection to NY out performs ISP A.

Recently the ISP B data circuit in Singapore has been relocated to the same server room as ISP A and both are physically connected to the same cisco 3560 switch.

Currently each lan is using its own gateway.

I would like to route all traffic originating from both SG LANs with a destination of NEW YORK (192.168.1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0) via ISP B to improve performance of WAN apps. This can be done by specifying NY subnets.

** For all other traffic - Local LANs should continue to use their own gateways / ISPs.

Cisco recommended using policy based routing. I need assistance in configuring the switch with correct config. Swtch has been upgraded to ip services

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ed
    Attached Files

Re: Routing WAN traffic using policy based routing on Catalyst 3560 with 2 WAN/ISP l

Hi EdRoche,

First I am assuming your switch is doing both layers 2 and 3. To do Policy Based Routing you have to create route maps. You define your traffic and give it an action.

1.) For instance create access-lists for the traffic you wan to permit to cross the new linke
    2.) the create a route-map and give it a name and a priority (i.e route-map ISPB
    3.)define a clause for the route-map, in your case you want use the match clause for any traffic from the two access-list
    4.) apply the route map to an interface (or VLAN on your L3 switch)

This is just a rough explaination and I might have forgotten a step or two but you get the idea. Hope that helps to get you started. You can search cisco's website for more detailed instructions.

Comment

Re: Routing WAN traffic using policy based routing on Catalyst 3560 with 2 WAN/ISP l

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWik...ith_route-maps

This will surely work .

Cheers
      DT

Comment

Working...
      X